Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
In this role you are assisting Culinary Executive Sous Chef and Culinary Sous Chef, Culinary Chef De Partie to develop standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable cost.Assist Culinary Chef De Party to maximize colleague's productivity in order to minimize payroll costs. Monitor operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Organize the section with regard to mise en-place production and its service
- Work closely with the Chef and execute direction as communicated following SOPS
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie write daily dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of
- Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintain good colleague relations and motivate while directing them through designated SOPs
- Supervises and assists in preparation and presentation of all food items. Ensures food is fresh and prepared in a timely fashion.
- Work to the specifications received by the Culinary Team regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid out with recipes
- Attend meetings as requested by the Culinary Executive Chef /Culinary Executive Sous Chef
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions, product levels or other related business needs
- Performing daily spot checks of all portioning tools and providing daily documentation and record keeping of product spoilage.
- Cooking duties and related functions as well as ensuring high food quality levels per motiongate standards.
- Maintaining a clean work area and ensuring compliance with the municipality HACCP Program.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities
- Able to follow all Bollywood Park standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Male or female with a pleasing personality
- Willing to work in a team
- Able to deal with people different nationalities and religions
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- At least three years in a five start international chain hotel
- Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic theme park environment
- Working hours vary depending on business needs.
- Shift Rota system may be required to meet the business needs.
- Available for overtime work as schedule requires including weekends and public holidays
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Asst. Operations Manager
Green Gulf Careers
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
A Leading Company in the UAE
Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant