Job description / Role
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colours and flavours at BOLLYWOOD PARKS Dubai. Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity. With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
Play Your Part
To maintain the outlet in accordance with all the Mandatory, Statutory and Local guidelines in storing, handling of Food and Beverage items from the outlet and all other related duties. To supervise job performance of junior colleagues and make sure colleagues are performing in line with their job descriptions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage the daily operations in the restaurant.
- Working at various Food and Beverage locations, including both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Ensuring extraordinary guest service by providing positive interactions with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Supervise the processes put in place for efficiency and make sure the desired results are achieved.
- Assist other team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Motivate colleagues to achieve set targets for guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Proactively identify problems that could hinder the operations and take required action plans.
- Hold daily briefings in the restaurant to review revenues, policies and procedures and communicate to colleague relevant information in regards to the operations.
- Conduct appraisals for colleagues in the set time period.
- To operate all equipment in the outlet in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure in order to ensure that the guest receives the highest standards of Food Quality and Service at all times.
- To supervise the implementation of the Standard Operating Procedure and Emergency Action plans at all times in order to provide standard products to the guest and a safe work environment to the colleagues.
- To supervise and see that the outlet is maintained in accordance with all the Mandatory, Statutory and Local guidelines in storing, handling and selling of Food and Beverage items from the outlet in order to be in accordance with the set guidelines of Dubai Municipality.
- To provide general assistance in the preparation of facilities for special functions, themed evenings in order to deliver required services.
- To check on set standards in relation to personal grooming, presentation of uniform, time keeping in order to ensure that the guest will leave with a favourable impression of the colleagues and facilities they had visited.
- To schedule a team for selling in the park on a daily basis or as necessary in order to promote up-selling to increase revenue.
- To administer all the food, paper and cash handling controls on a daily basis in order to take appropriate actions to maximize the profit margins of the outlet.
- Do daily duty rosters for the colleagues.
- To discuss performance issues with junior colleagues motivate them to perform and document good and bad performance.
- To adhere to all safety rules and regulations on the job.
- Certification in Basic Food Hygiene Assessment level 1 required.
- To carry out any other duties required as per management.
- Follow Company wardrobe and grooming guidelines at all times
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures with regards to behavior, performance and conduct whilst at work and when using Company accommodation and other provided facilities
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Ability print and speak fluent in English.
- High School Certificate.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification.
- Cash handling experience using Point Of Sales Systems.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required.
- One year of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in speaking English with ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals with ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Cash Handling skills with experience using Point of Sales Systems.
- Basic Computer skills
- The work environment is generally routine with established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of the work unit is required.
- Cash handling experience of AED dirham and foreign currencies
- Good Team Player
- Ability to speak additional languages
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit and able to work outside in hot climates
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; talk; or hear; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- While performing this job, noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Must strictly adhere to all HR policies and procedures at all times
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014