Job description / Role
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. Our work reflects a commitment to sustainability and the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Gensler UAE is seeking a seasoned and recognized technical expert to help lead our Hospitality Interiors teams in delivering unparalleled projects. Leverage your industry experience and technical acumen to drive client projects from concept through build.
What You Will Do
- Lead the technical effort of projects and ensure overall technical quality of work across the studio
- Provide guidance to project teams and solve complex issues
- Oversee technical aspects of projects to be sure they are in concert with project scope, design, budget, client goals, consultant coordination and core requirements
- Provide mentorship and lead technical educational programs for studio members
- Collaborate with other technical leaders across the office, region, and firm to ensure the firm’s technical standards, guidelines, and best practices are being applied
- Mentor and support on construction administration processes
- Lead construction administration on various project as well as mentor juniors through the construction administration process
- Specification writing
- Bidder interviews and bidders walks
- Review of bid and provide comments or feedback to Project Manager and client
- Review of CD cartoon set or assist junior in creating cartoon set. Find efficiencies in CDs and details. Guide team on difficult details
- Lead engineering coordination and train junior designers
- Comment on CD and CA schedule for RFPs
- Comment on engineers fees for RFPs
- Build analysis and comments for RFPs
- Alongside other technical directors in the office, take the lead in mentoring and training staff members in developing Revit and 3D software skills
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jan|
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Chief Executive Officer - Engineering Consultancy
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jan|
Project Manager - Fit Out