Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Technical Director - Maritime whom will be responsible for providing technical expertise and overseeing the technical aspects on multiple high profile maritime projects across the region.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Ensuring that project outcomes meet the required technical standards.
* Providing input to client proposals including bid planning, costing, producing proposals, and provide technical inputs.
* Managing project profitability and financial contribution for allocated projects
* Accountable for the overall success of projects won or allocated. This includes managing timeliness, contract negotiation, project management, quality, project financial performance, risk management, communication and scope management of the projects.
* Actively contribute to the ongoing development of engineering excellence within the team and help to create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement within engineering design and supervision of project work.
* Ensuring that excellent technical standards are working in the design, documentation and supervision of project work.
* Managing and directing business opportunities, develop new ideas and seek to provide increasingly efficient and effective high quality service.
* Leading and developing technical capability by developing and delivering technical solutions.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Chartered Engineer and hold relevant Engineering Degree
* Over 20 years' of broad, international experience in large multi-disciplinary projects
* Experience of leading, motivating and driving multi discipline teams of engineers
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.