Job description / Role
About the Job
The job holder handles his/her duties within the framework of responsibilities and boundaries identified with this role and in accordance with standard practices. Consults with Manager IT Infrastructure and Support on any non-routine action prior to executing; all duties shall be performed through proper channel and in compliance with adopted policies and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to IT Teams on technology platforms and delivers technology designs for IT projects. Develops robust technology solutions that meet customer requirements, and are in line with the Group’s architectural standards and technical strategy in terms of availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
- Continuously monitors performance of technology platforms and incidents versus adopted procedures to tune/deliver solutions leading, thereby, to best possible performance. Prioritises incidents, investigates causes, and resolves/seeks resolutions thus facilitating the recovery of systems; provides work-around where possible to reduce impact to business. Provides input to the service continuity planning process and implements resulting plans.
- Translates logical designs into physical ones; develops system designs, specifications, and documentation of technology including configuration standards, administration processes and operations manuals. Specifies user/ system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, as well as security and audit controls.
- Conducts benchmark studies to identify/implement new emerging technologies and improve IT environment; manages the lifecycle and replacement of systems and software to minimize risk caused by obsolete technology. Assesses risks and specifies recovery routine and contingency procedures.
- Undertakes routine installations and removal of hardware/software components as well as updating configuration records with those installations; develops installation procedures, standards and schedules for installations. Conducts tests using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools.
- Defines the integration build and software modules; produces software builds for loading onto the target environment. Configures the hardware environment and integration test specifications, conducts tests and provides feedback.
- Maintains application support processes, and ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and standard procedures and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics, generate reports and carry out defined system backups and restore data where necessary.
- Assists with the specification, development and evaluation of services standards. Monitors service desk processes and reports on metrics to measure performance versus agreed service levels. Recommends/implements/reports corrective actions to maintain/improve levels of service.
- 5-8 years in IT Infrastructure design and management, 24x7 critical operations, preferably with Airlines.
- Bachelor Degree in IT Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology.
- ITIL Certified.
- CCNP/ CCIE/ MCSE/ RHEL Certification.
- Fluent in English Language.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital