Job description / Role
Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a seasoned technology professional and manager who can use their experience to build effective teams, high-performance culture, scalable processes, and mentor aspiring talent. The person must be entrepreneurial and hands-on in technology, and, must have experience with design, development and delivery of mobile apps, web applications and tech platforms, at web scale. The person must have experience with eCommerce and should have some experience in the Retail sector, building technology systems and platforms.
Experience: 8 - 12 years
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engineering/Technology/Product development planning and road-mapping.
- Team Development and Resourcing, for your team, to execute on the product's priorities.
- Giving product development timelines, accepting given timelines (based on business priorities), and delivering on agreed, discussed and committed timelines.
- Attract, hire, retain and develop top-notch engineering/technology talent.
- Implement technology product(s) as per the product requirements, using appropriate technologies. Our tech-stack comprise Node.js (for Backend), MongoDB as the Database (MEAN stack), and Native App development (for iOS and Android).
- Day-to-day technology decision making, guiding team members and leading execution.
- Long-term management of and skills development for your team. Coach developers, and help them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Represent your team to senior leadership and across other groups and teams within the company. Clearly communicate business goals to the engineers. Keep them focused on building the right product and in the right manner. Ensure that engineering is always adding business value and communicate this value to the business leaders.
- Setting standards and applying best practices to improve engineering processes, to ensure the delivery of quality products, in a speedy, scalable, and extensible manner.
- Be an individual contributor if necessary. Engineering managers could spend ~20% of their time coding and contributing to the code base. Perform regular Code Review of the code being developed by your team, to ensure high quality of code.
Experience & Background Requirements:
- 8+ years of prior experience in shipping quality scalable and extensible software as a top-notch Senior Engineer or Architect.
- 4+ years as a proven leader/manager, managing a team and scaling an organization, with a high standard of excellence. Good people management and project management skills.
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing and shipping high quality mobile apps and end-to-end systems (consumer facing and business facing systems), under tight timelines and delivery pressure.
- Can take the complete responsibility of developing and delivering a product Ã¢â‚¬" mobile apps and backend. Has good design sense. Has experience with Node.js.
- Proven ability to work through organization and teams with very strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills. High technology capability and expertise.
- Innate ability to connect the dots, communicate and iterate on team, business and larger company goals. Assigns work to the technical team and gets work done in short Sprints.
- Ability to handle complex/challenging environments and vague/changing requirements.
- Experienced in Scrum and Agile model of management. Experienced in Startup environment. Worked in a rapidly growing startup before.
- Knowledge of new and cutting-edge technologies & tools. Experience working on complex projects having Analytics, Data-Science and Machine Learning components.
- Experience with mobile applications development, web platforms, and web applications development. Experience with eCommerce. Experience in the Retail sector, preferred.
- Experience with backend software development at high scale. Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and microservices design.
- Computer Science & Engineering education/degree from an internationally recognized top technology institute or university.
Algorythma is a product development company building world-class products in multiple domains and industries. We have products in the live-video-streaming (social) space, investment management (fintech) space, education, we are building products in the Retail and m-commerce space, and in AI & Machine Learning space. Algorythma aims to develop innovative global technology products, both B2C and B2B ones, that solve real-world needs and problems of consumers and customers, and impact the world positively. We are looking for entrepreneurial and proactive initiative-takers (heroes and leaders and innovators), who can join us in building these innovative global technology products that can create global businesses and successes.
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.