Job description / Role
Do you have a background in the offshore/marine industry? Do you have excellent knowledge of vessels and strong communication skills? If yes, read more now!
About the company:
Our client is within the Maritime Sector and is servicing the Offshore Oil and Gas industry. The client is headquartered in Dubai and has several offices in the Middle East. The company has existed for almost 50 years.
About the role:
As a Technical Superintendent, you will oversee the needed operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections, docking, etc. You will ensure that all procedures are adhered to and comply with International Safety Management (ISM) and classification rules. You have to be Dubai based or within the UAE and have easy access to the harbors.
• You will be responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the vessel
• Maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections, and docking, etc.
• Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed according to the management agreement requirement.
• Attend vessel dry docking, repairs, and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
• Monitor the technical status of the vessel with relation to class cert and survey
• Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels
• Perform a systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
• Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
• Strong understanding of the technical knowledge of ships and keeps abreast of industry standards and regulations.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 10+ years experience in a similar position
• Background in the offshore/marine industry
• Strong communication skills
• Familiarity with ISM is a must
• Excellent knowledge of vessels
• Driven and motivated
• Hard Working
• Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
• Analytical and highly proactive in technical troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Has a passion for excellence and working in a fast-paced technical operations environment.
About the Company
ScanCruit is a recruitment company with focus on finding the right people to the right positions. We know that it’s important to love your job and have a passion for what you do.
We have great knowledge about all kinds of businesses. With us you find people with value, and our job consultants are ready to help you find the right job or the best candidate for the job.