Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
Reporting to the Manager-Maintenance and Assistant Manager - Audio Visual you are to assist the Shifts that operate within the Maintenance department. You are responsible to maintain overall Audio, Video, Lighting and shows, inspection of all AV components, associated equipment, via the application of a planned preventative maintenance approach with the aim of maximizing the system and equipment's availability in operation.
- As part of a shift team to work as an operational engineer carrying out, planned preventative maintenance, unplanned maintenance and Oversee overall Audio, Video, and Lighting shows are working properly as per design in all Rides and Attractions and working closely with IT.
- To attend AV breakdowns in a timely manner and to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and in line with departmental procedures (SSOW).
- To carry a radio to enable communication between colleagues and customer department representatives as appropriate.
- To assist the department's managerial team and charge hands as and when required in order to fulfil the department's KPI's, objectives and function.
- To ensure written documentation relating to pre-opening checks and maintenance works are accurate to reflect changes in procedure. To ensure that you complete PPM documentation in a timely manner in line with department procedures.
- During the low season period you will carry out Annual Maintenance programme in order to facilitate PPM and a thorough annual inspection of all Audio, Video, Lighting and show equipment's
- To have an active role in the development of the Annual Maintenance programme
- To undertake additional responsibility as directed by the department management team following appropriate instruction/training
- To maintain and keep in good condition the tool's provided to enable professional and competent completion of maintenance tasks .
- To develop professional and considerate relationships with both internal customer departments and external suppliers and consultants
- Check System's park wide settings and schedules if accurate based on show timings.
- Answer emails in line with other department's queries and demands.
- To ensure that you complete PPM documentation in a timely manner in line with department procedures.
- To produce risk assessments as appropriate and as necessary.
- To ensure engineering department audits are carried out as per company procedures.
- To perform PPM work tasks during both the operational season and the annual maintenance period.
- To ensure that these are completed in a professional & competent manner and to the agreed time and dates.
- To communicate relevant information between shift change
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Qualified to at least C&G level 3, or approved equivalent, in Audio Visual Field, supplemented by at least 3 years' experience of working in ideally a theme park environment, or other comparable heavy engineering works.
- Working knowledge of the EN 13814 and DAC requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of audio-visual control systems (AMX/Crestron/Extron/DMX, etc.) changes and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with test and calibration equipment.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Entertainment Technician Level 1 (AV Lighting & Sound)
Dubai Parks and Resorts
RTC-1 Employment Services
Supervisor Technical Entertainment (AV Lighting & Sound)
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Bollywood Technical Services
Dubai Parks and Resorts