Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Business Unit Overview
The Technology Consulting team is shaping the Digital and IT market in the GCC. Working with Public and private sector clients to help them improve overall value delivered to their customers and employees by formulating digital strategies and help them in the implementation. We are helping clients unlock the potential of digital by increasing their customer engagement, providing their employees with powerful tools, and helping them optimize and digitize their operations.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking consultants who have a passion for shaping Cloud & Infrastructure consulting positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and player significant and rewarding roles in an entrepreneurial and innovation driven environment.
- Work under the supervision of Cloud & Infrastructure consulting leadership within the Technology Consulting practice.
- Assess and design end to end Cloud & Infrastructure consulting programs including the development of strategy, architecture, processes, governance, solutions, budget and roadmap based on leading practices.
- Design and develop target technical security architecture for clients with deep understanding and analysis of emerging Cloud & Infrastructure solutions including, but not limited to, public cloud solutions (including global, such as AWS and Azure and local, such as STC, Etisalat etc), private cloud and hyper/multi convergent solutions, data center, network, storage, workplace & collaboration technologies.
- Develop RFPs, evaluate different technologies and conduct vendor evaluation and selection.
- Design end to end infrastructure & network operations center with the required facility, processes, technologies and people.
- Supervise the implementation of Cloud & Infrastructure consulting solutions at client premises and be able to work closely with Cloud & Infrastructure vendors and system integrators.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and writing) with both business executives, IT executives, IT personnel and user communities.
- Coordinate, facilitate and make presentations.
- Support in business development activities by developing technical and financial proposals and being proactive in selling.
- Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client engagements and internal initiatives as well as with international teams.
- Conduct research on emerging Cloud & Infrastructure consulting technologies and disseminate knowledge to Technology consultants and clients where required.
- Assist in developing new service offering for the Technology business unit in the domains of Cloud & Infrastructure consulting.
- Whilst working in the Technology team you will further build on your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
- Work collaboratively with other Technology experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Years of experience: 10-12 years of experience in Cloud & Infrastructure consulting including development of Cloud & Infrastructure consulting strategies, end to end Cloud & Infrastructure consulting transformation programs, security architecture and extensive knowledge of latest Cloud & Infrastructure consulting technologies and standards.
- Education: B.A/ B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Economics, Quantitative sciences or related field.
- Experience in telco, oil, gas, petrochemicals, utilities, banking and/or government sectors is a plus.
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Certification in Cloud & Infrastructure consulting related standards or solutions is preferred
- Strong understanding of emerging Cloud & Infrastructure consulting technologies and standards.
- Special experience in cloud technologies, cloud architecture, cloud migration is a plus.
- Achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a structured thinking process.
- Strong connections and relationships with clients in Saudi Arabia and the UAE is a plus.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and carry out technical research.
- Proven IT skills in Microsoft Office and G-suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English (Arabic is a plus).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East is a MUST.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.