Job description / Role
Position: Telephone Operator
Department: Front Office / Telephone Operations
Reports to : Duty Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To perform all aspects of Telecommunications services to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction in accordance with the Hotel's standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process all incoming and outgoing calls accurately and courteously
- Ensure smooth internal telecommunication as per Raffles Standards
- Accurately record and control wake-up calls
- Assist guests with international calls and directory queries
- Call guests by name whenever possible
- Page staff member when requested
- Abide by principles of guest privacy
- Handle guests requests promptly and report complaints to the Telephone Supervisor
- Bill call costs
- Aware of local telephone listings and frequently dialed numbers
- Strictly abides by standards policies and procedures governing cases of emergency such as fire, bomb scare and other critical situations
- Advise defects on switchboard equipment to Supervisor
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the Hotel's fire, life and safety system
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to develop rapport with Colleagues and Management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all hotel guests & patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Under standing and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary Education or relevant qualifications in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience preferably in a four or five star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Agent
Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant - HR
Guest Relations Officer