Job description / Role
The Trade Analyst provides analytical, implementation and monitoring support to the Trading Department in ensuring the effective execution of marketing and sales strategies that target potential and existing markets and customers for products and services. The position incumbent is responsible for transaction processing, documentation support and some level of involvement in the execution and monitoring of daily trades.
The role ensures the currency of market, supplier and customer data, and performs required analysis to identify potential risks and other business issues. The Trade Analyst also maintains a very close working relationship with the Legal, Finance and Operations Departments to ensure a seamless process is worked in executing spot and long-term contracts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs deal validation, analysis and problem identification for executed trades on a daily basis.
- Reports the daily position and P&L using approved reporting frameworks and reporting systems.
- Analyses and reconciles daily and month-end P&L information and verifies data integrity.
- Performs position scenario analysis based on instructions and under the guidance of Senior Traders.
- Performs daily market surveys for price discovery with respect to next day trading.
- Updates market information on internal trade tracking applications as necessary.
- Complies with approved decision-making and monitoring systems, processes, procedures and policies and ensures effective controls are adhered to in handling job duties; maintains the integrity of all transactions by analyzing service provisions and agreements for compliance with regulations, federal and local legislation and contract terms.
- Ensures all trade-related documents are scanned and filed in an organized and systematic manner for easy retrieval whenever needed.
- Sources and analyses global market and product data, towards identifying excessive exposures; identifies and raises issues to the Trader.
- Acts as back-up to Traders.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the Trader
- 1st degree in Finance, Investment Management, Business Administration, Economics or other related degree
- 0 - 2 years’ work experience within a reputable and structured organisation (financial institution, energy trading company etc.).
- Exposure to commodities trading activities is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics & World Markets
- Basic understanding of Energy Trading Markets
- Basic Commodities Trading (Oil & Gas Products)
- Basic Physical Products Trading
- Basic Finance
- Strong analytics
- Networking & Relationship Management
- Business Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Initiative and a Keen/Acute Sense of Judgment, Decisiveness and Self-Discipline
- Creativity & Innovation
- Political Savvy
- Oral & Written Communication
About the Company
Emergio DMCC is a privately-owned global enterprise specialized in multi-asset physical trading and logistics operating in the Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum products’ sector.
The brand operates as part of a group of companies across the globe with business activities in diverse sectors that include trading, shipping, financial services, and logistics. This level of expertise enables us to capitalize on our in-depth knowledge of the market and efficiently flow through market movements in the form of informed expert decisions.
TGC Middle East
J&T Express Middle East
Analyst - Financial Markets
Swisslinx Middle East
Junior Treasury Analyst