Job description / Role
- Optimizing the skills set of employees within Air Arabia and enabling common values of the company by designing and delivering effective learning courses to all Air Arabia staff; facilitates skills programs with focus on behavioural competencies.
Key Result Responsibilities:
- Partners with stakeholders, business leaders and line managers to create a learning and development culture and mind-set across Air Arabia and its subsidiaries and provide them with the corresponding support needed to achieve this objective.
- Provides effective training solutions based on given identified and agreed performance deficiencies or development plans all in alignment with business objectives and goals.
- Designs and delivers effective training programs for several target audiences; designs programs in such a way that it is implemented in practice. Can apply the 70 20 10 model.
- Co-negotiates, designs, and delivers creative soft-skills training courses, to meet business needs in coordination with line managers; regularly updates the content and methodologies of the training courses to suit changes in business requirements.
- Partners with line managers to develop post-training action plans to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of training/learning in terms of content, delivery, as well as implementation in the work-place, all with emphasis on performance metrics including behavioural change and business results. Can apply Kirkpatrick methodology in practice.
- Uses e-learning as an added method of designing effective learning for the target audience. Makes decisions on the right delivery method. Uses the Learning Management System (LMS) and other related platforms as part of the learning intervention.
- Ensures the training and development methods, tools and techniques are as per approved standards; provides guidance to facilitators, instructors and trainers on training-related matters. Facilitates train the trainer programs as required and enables other instructors/trainers to deliver effective programs.
- Assists the Head of Learning and Development in evaluation and selection of the external training providers; participates in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts and service level agreements based on agreed objectives and approved standards and budget.
- Follows-up with Training Providers (vendors) on all matters related to training delivery including content, agenda, payments, assessments, etc.
- Conducts field trips to accommodate training needs in other hubs as needed. Facilitates training programs in hubs, if required.
- 5+ years' extensive experience in Human Resources, training or learning and development focused role, preferably in a customer service environment such airline, travel, hospitality, retail or banking environment.
- Bachelor degree in Management, Education, Adult Training or equivalent; Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Higher Education qualification in training or learning and development, etc. is an advantage.
- Training Certificates such as “Train the Trainer”, “NLP”, “Instructive Training” etc. are required for this role.
- E-learning education and/or respective working experience and exposure are required for this role.
- Audio-Visual-Equipment management skills are required for this role.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
- Preferable bilingual with fluency in both English and Arabic Languages.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Learning and Development Specialist
Al Boom Marine
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Assistant Manager Human Resources
Cibus Oil Trading
Legend World Investments LLC
HR / Recruitment Administrator
|Abu Dhabi||9 Sep|