Job description / Role
EY has an established, industry leading TAS practice that operates across a multitude of sectors. We help corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although our work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure, and often operates within demanding deadlines, you will find it to be extremely rewarding.
We are looking for an experienced professional with significant Initial Public Offering (IPO) experience, to join our high performing team in MENA as a Manager/ Senior Manager.
Our core work is project management, IPO readiness assessments, due diligence, assessing a target company's finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- You will help with business development, manage the project teams and work closely with all members, forming strong internal links within TAS as well as other departments in EY. As part of your role, it will be important that you understand the key business drivers, co-develop our approach with the client, agree value measurements with the client and provide value to the client through insights and factual conclusions.
- You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client.
- You will analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- You will lead on engagements and demonstrate your commitment to quality, share responsibility, provide support and maintain effective communication on progress.
- You will also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development.
- You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback. As part of your role, you'll be expected to actively participate in other team initiatives such as account relationship management, client services framework and recruitment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals with strong analytical skills will flourish in this environment as you will regularly assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and prepare analyses of financial information to assess trends and fluctuations.
- Good communication skills will also be a key attribute for success within this role as you will be required to assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field
- At least 7 to 9 years of experience in TAS/Capital Markets
- Substantial experience of advising on Transactions related to Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- Ability to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of working in MENA region
- Understanding of regulatory requirements within the MENA region
- An accounting qualification
- Client facing experience within a Big 4 or another professional services organisation
- Fluency in Arabic language
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
In addition to a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business, we offer the following:
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region