Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking to expand our successful transport planning and mobility team in the Middle East in light of the rapidly increasing number of projects and opportunities, with the appointment of an Engineer to join WSP's transport planning and mobility team and support our public and private sector clients on their ambitious and innovative transport projects. Projects could involve sustainable urban development, transport policy and strategy development, transport network/ master planning, multi modal studies, mobility strategy implementation plans, zero emission mobility, using human-centred design to inform successful behaviour change interventions.
You will need to be someone who can use critical thinking to understand client's problems before solutionising and be comfortable helping develop bespoke approaches. You will support the team in delivering a range of transport planning projects working with multidiscipline delivery teams and multiple stakeholders using a passionate approach to understand everything that is changing within transport.
You will be joining a fast growing, highly innovative and creative team, working on projects all across the Middle East.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Manage and assist in a variety of traffic engineering, transport planning, modelling and site development projects in the GCC region
* Analyse and estimate travel demand associated with new schemes based on traditional trip generation approach and first principle approach.
* Undertake modelling via software programs such as Syncro, Sidra and HCS
* Support the development of large transport masterplans by working with key local and international architecture firms and local developers.
* Prepare clear and visual reports and presentations to clearly conveys the outcome of the transport planning study to a wide audience
* Coordinate with internal teams to ensure design compatibility and identify gaps during the early stages, including Right of Ways, Security, Environment, Smart
* Liaise with clients, authorities, project team and relevant stakeholders to integrate the mobility approach with the needs of the development and project objectives
* Prepare relevant documentation to achieve approvals from the authorities.
* Support in the preparation of bids.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* You will be an Engineer/Transport Planner with a first post graduate experience.
* First experience from consultancy, or industry that includes experience in developing mobility strategies and providing transport planning inputs to masterplanning and plot design schemes, including junction and link capacity analysis.
* Someone who is able to contribute to (for larger projects) and assist in pulling together from scratch (for smaller projects), Transport Statements, Transport Masterplan, Transport Policies, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans.
* Experience and a passion for Design Thinking and Human-Centred Design and a pro-active problem solving attitude to address challenges, think out of the box and coordinate with other internal team.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.