This position is closed or expired.
See other Logistics jobs
Reporting into the Director of Support Services, your role would be to provide support and manage the expanding fleet of approximately 200 assorted vehicles. You will be the point of contact for all transportation matters with external providers and internal customers. You main responsibilities will be as follows:
- oversee fleet drivers,dispatching and services operations.
- prepare bid specifications for purchase orders and oversee the bidding and ordering process.
- liaise with transportation providers and address an issues that may arise
- ensure all staff are compliant with contracts and municipal affairs
- amend and revise programs as necessary to adapt to changes in programs
- fully utilize transportation assets to reduce costs whenever possible as well as audit invoices on a regular basis and constantly review the general ledger
We are looking for a degree holding candidate preferably holding a degree in traffic management, logistics or physical distribution. You must also have previously worked in an international industrial transportation role which required you to have worked on procurement, contract and property management assignments.
You must be a westerner to apply for this role.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.