Job description / Role
(Candidates MUST be available to attend a face to face interview in London or Manchester. Please do not apply unless you are prepared to travel to one of the listed locations)
Alderwood are representing a large and successful teaching organisation that is responsible for running a large number of private schools in the UAE. We are looking for a large number of experienced and qualified Travel and Tourism teachers to join them in August 2019. The role of the Travel and Tourism Teacher is to support the students in realising the vision of the ASP, through effective teaching and learning.
The post holders will be assigned to any of the schools located across the entire northern emirates. The post holders will be required to facilitate and encourage learning thus enables students to achieve high standards, in line with the vision of the ASP. They are expected to actively undertake professional development and be fully conversant with the latest curriculum developments. Each teacher will be expected to carry out all assigned responsibilities both inside and outside the school environment. Teachers will work with external agencies and stakeholders to ensure compliance with the required quality standards.
- The teacher will be required to support the students in external learning opportunities where required.
- Liaise with the coordinator to ensure all teaching resources are available for the students Ensure continuous and consistent drive in lessons
- Monitor student attainment and ensure student attainment data is accurate and up to date
- Engage parents and external agencies when and where required to ensure progress
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the school
- Regularly report student concerns to the coordinator
- Share best practice with colleagues on the programme and provide support as necessary
- Contribute data to the individual learning plan when required
- Monitor students' academic progress Teach effective lessons
- Ensure that all skills in the scope and sequence are covered
- Monitor students to ensure all concepts taught are understood and can be applied
- Liaise with the coordinator to ensure all required resources are available for the students
- Regular reporting on progress to the coordinator and the management team
- Provide mentoring and support to colleagues
- Implement initiatives to meet the aims and objectives of the programme as directed
- Promote the ASP programme during parental and community engagements Experience
- A minimum of two years' experience as a Travel and Tourism teacher
- You should have taught Travel and Tourism for a minimum of two years
- Have a track record as an effective teacher
- A degree in Travel and Tourism or equivalent
- Certified Teaching qualification or Assessors Award
- Be a native English language speaker or Have achieved IELTS 7+ Academic for non-Native English speakers
- Classroom management skills
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Ability to apply your subject in real life context
- Committed to raising standards and attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- IT skills including use of online or electronic teaching, tracking and assessment resources
- Commitment to continual professional development
In return you will receive:
- Full salary package of £54,000 (This is a combination of your basic and accommodation allowance)
- Medical insurance for Employee, Spouse and 3 children
- End of Service Bonus
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
The teacher will be required to support the students in external learning opportunities where required.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Executive Assistant/P.A. to General Manager
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts