This position is closed or expired.
See other Retail Sales jobs
Al Futtaim Travel, part of the Al Futtaim Group of Companies, offers travel consulting services in the leisure and corporate markets from multiple outlets in Dubai. Our leisure business caters for all market sectors.We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Retail Travel Consultant (known within Al-Futtaim Travel as a Counter Sales Agent) to join one of our Retail Branches in either the Mall of the Emirates or Dubai Festival City.
• To Provide High quality service and travel advice to Corporate companies and direct customers of Al Futtaim Travel
• To ensure bookings materialize that would generate revenue in line with departmental and corporate growth strategy
• As front liners the job holder will directly interact with existing and potential clients, to sell airline tickets and travel related products
To apply for this role you must have the following skills, qualifications and experiences:
• A college education to A levels or equivalent
• IATA or Airlines Standard Fares and Ticketing course
• Minimum 2 years experience in the UAE or any of the GCC states
• Knowledge of any GDS system (Galileo, Sabre, Amadeus etc)
• Knowledge of world geography and travel and visa restrictions
• Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal, telephone and customer service skills
• Fluent in English, friendly and customer focused.
You should be flexible and willing to work at any of Al Futtaim Travel offices across Dubai when required and should have the ability to deal with customers and businesses alike.
The Retail Branch works on a shift pattern which will be discussed at interview so you should be flexible with the hours you are willing to work.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.