Job description / Role
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Organize and manage standing committees / temporary teams work through the unifying of rules, procedures and regulations related to the work progress to ensure achieving goals that were formed for it through participating all stakeholders in decision-making process.
• Develop the general framework for managing committees, including planning, communication, risk management, performance monitoring and achievement at all stages of committees work and submit related periodic reports.
• Follow up the high directions for RTA leadership and recommendations related to corporate committees work; ensure the implementation in an appropriate manner and to ensure the achievement of main objectives for formed committees and teams.
• Plan and manage workshops and studies related to the committees’ governance and management in RTA, the application of best practices in the field of corporate committees’ governance and management in terms of composition, management and continuous follow-up for their work.
• Publish the concept and standards of committees’ governance at the level of RTA, manage the practical application at the level of various committees by ensuring the integration of committees’ governance concept in the planning to form and follow up the work of the committees at the level of RTA.
• Plan and implement development projects related to RTA corporate committees work, work on the development of mechanisms, policies and followed work manuals in monitoring and follow-up the committees’ works and assigned tasks.
• Follow-up the technical system for following -up the committees according to committees
• Management policy in RTA and ensure documenting the supporting information for committees works according to approved corporate forms.
• Work with CEOs and Directors to develop and identify tasks for committees, temporary teams and appropriate implementation plans.
• Align the plans for corporate committees with RTA strategic objectives and directions; ensure that the tasks assigned to them are aligned with the relevant strategic directions.
• Study the work plans and the main objectives of committees to ensure covering the main tasks and objectives for committees to clarify the results and impact of committees works at the level of the RTA.
• Review and establish the basis of classification of permanent Committees according to the approved axes and standards to reflect the importance and assigned responsibilities.
• Evaluate important committees according to the classification of committees and the implementation of any other assessments are recommended by senior management in RTA as necessary.
• Follow-up of external committees in coordination with the members nominated to represent RTA in the external committees at the level of Dubai Government.
• Study the tasks to ensure that there is no duplication or similarity in the functions of permanent committees / temporary teams / Commissioning teams to be formed with the functions of other committees / teams or the functions of an organizational unit in RTA.
• Follow-up the issuance of administrative circulars as required by RTA high management directives and recommendations, ensure the coordination with concerned agencies, sectors and departments to issue the required circulars.
• Manage projects for the section, department or sector or the development and future projects result from RTA strategic objectives, ensure achieving the planned objectives and the implementation within the approved time in the plan.
• Oversee and follow-up the section's automation initiatives, coordinate and providing the needs of resource and requirements.
• Organize; conduct and represent RTA in meetings and events related to the committees governance and management system.
• Develop and manage the budgets of committees' governance section to ensure achieving the required efficiency in the utilization.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any related fields from a recognized university.
• 7 years of experience in the same field or in the field of evaluation, follow up and planning.
• Previous experience of at least 5 years in major institutions in the transport sector, government sector or international companies in the field of team and committees management and committees or in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
• Certification in EFQM, ISO 9001, Team Management and PMP is preferred.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues with an ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.