Job description / Role
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Develop strategy and planning by setting the numeric goals and key initiatives to achieve the goals, based on the current and expected performance.
• Monitor the internal and external environment including internal resources and capabilities, stakeholders’ needs, expectations and satisfaction level, competitive business climate, technology trends and government activities in areas of transportation and related service/products.
• Align organizational performance with Strategic directions of the whole organization based on sound analysis of internal strengths, weaknesses and in consideration of external opportunities and threats.
• Identify, build and develop strategic partnerships and relationships with various stakeholders.
• Lead and develop a high level of engagement in Strategy & Excellence team which develops corporate strategy for RTA
• Lead the development of new business initiatives and advice the management with appropriate business strategies
• Drive and develop Strategy and Key Result Areas at organizational level, across and between functions and cascade down to operational levels.
• Contribute to development of organization’s change management, strategy, and share the leadership of the resulting change programs.
• Work in a consulting capacity with the strategic business units’ CEO and directors to produce suitable business and operational plans. Critiques annual updates of these plans.
• Provide consulting assistance to SBUs and lead negotiations with third parties for related consulting projects.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position when appropriate.
AED 37,000 to 39,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor in Business Administration or management from a recognized University.
• 7 years of relevant working experience.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.