Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The main duty of the Handset Management Specialist is to implement and improve all processes related to the secure provisioning and delivery of Katim handsets to the end customer. This role will be responsible for production planning, throughput management, inventory control, quality assurance, handset packaging, and physical delivery.
In this role, you will:
- Provide tier-3 escalation support for Android phones and backup architecture
- Handle incident management processes and communication in line with Dark Matter standards and procedures
- Track downtime and maintain a log of all incidents escalated to Tier-3 support
- Undertake configuration management work in accordance with the Change Management procedures.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviewing proposed data changes, assess risk, provide mitigation and provide technical sign off.
- Undertake break fix activities joining high profile bridges and investigating root cause. Where appropriate develop mitigation plans. This will include working with Tier Engineering, System Integrators, and Vendors.
- Undertake scheduled preventive maintenance tasks; identify potential system performance and/or reliability issues and proactively design a roadmap to temporary outage prevention and to permanent issue resolution.
- Provide Android hardware diagnostic and support assistance as requested by other groups, perform root cause analysis determining the cause of a problem and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved either in a timely manner or ensure that they are escalated to the appropriate management structure.
- Provide operational support to deploy and Implementation teams ensuring seamless operational handover.
- Ensure that all documentation is kept up to date and is accessible by the rest of the team and provide support and consultancy using appropriate diagnostic tools to all areas.
- Manage large scale Linux server environments: handling Linux environment, including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring and tuning, security hardening, trouble shooting and production operations.
- Deal with daily operations of online services, including but not limited to firewall, DNS, web and databases.
- Install, maintain, automate and upgrade various software and manage the monitoring of various services and ensure availability of these resources.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 8-10+ years of experience in information technology with Android phone platforms
- Practical security knowledge (PKI, hashes, crypto, security protocols)
- Ability to troubleshoot Kernel-level problems and pinpoint issue origin
- A firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale virtual and physical UNIX/Linux based infrastructures.
- Strong root cause analysis skills. Experienced in troubleshooting, log analysis, solution assessment and staged rollout.
- Excellent knowledge of log management including Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent log server technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of network: TCP/IP, tcpdump, Wireshark
- Excellent knowledge of mobile app development environments and portals, app version control, closed group testing, and large-scale deployment in a corporate environment
- Good programming skills and experience in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python.
- Good knowledge of load balancing techniques (HaProxy, Nginx), DNS.
- Clear understanding of Data center management and various data storage technologies.
- Strong background with automation and orchestration technologies.
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.