Job description / Role
First impressions are everything! As an Upholsterer, you will have the opportunity to create accurate, beautiful and eye-catching pieces of work, adding value to our guests' experience and impeccable image.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Makes, restores, and/or creates custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
- Designs upholstery cover patterns and cutting plans based on sketches, descriptions, or blueprints.
- Operates portable hand-sewing equipment, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters and other industrial equipment.
- Operates sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
- Examines furniture frames, upholstery, springs, and webbing to locate defects.
- Performs the tasks assigned to him and ensures their implementation while working independently.
- Acts on issues and concerns in his activity field immediately.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all equipment and ensures that all equipment are in proper working condition.
- Abides to the daily task and ensures timely implementation.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of proven experience in 5 star hotels.
- Working familiarity with upholstery tools and sound knowledge required to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving abilities and a flair for creativity.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent .
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.