Job description / Role
Transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for all CBD's customers, delivering powerful experiences and visuals that highlight the bank's values and personality.
As key member of the Digital Experience team, the User Experience (UX) designer will be supporting the following areas:
- Help to drive and optimise the user experience of CBD's digital products in close collaboration with internal business stakeholders (i.e product teams).
- Responsible for defining and creating detailed wireframes synthesizing complex tasks into simple and easy to use experiences.
- Organising and crafting content, ensuring a clear information architecture that drives engaging user experiences.
Visual and motion design
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the user interface style guide for CBD digital channels, maintaining consistency across the bank.
- Creation of pixel perfect visual designs for CBD's digital channels (web responsive, mobile apps)
- Creation of motion designs that helps telling a product's story, guide users and improve usability.
- Deliver UI specifications and assets, owns the handover process from design to development.
- Responsible to ensure the visual designs are implemented with the highest accuracy.
- Champion best in class UX and Visual Design and its benefits to the wider business.
- Developing rapid and interactive prototypes (low and high fidelity) to quickly validate new concepts with the business and for consumer research purposes.
User experience research
- Research and create understanding of what makes user experiences intuitive, accessible, and inspiring.
- Organise user testing sessions to capture user feedback and validate new innovative concepts for the bank.
- Degree in digital design, interaction design or visual communications (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- 4+ years experience as a User Experience Designer working on a world-class product, online service or at a leading digital agency.
- A diverse portfolio that shows an excellent eye for categorization skills, prioritization judgment and an attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- A high proficiency using modern design, interaction and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, Principle, Adobe Suite, Framer X, Principle etc.) on Mac.
- Strong presentation and communication skills used to convey ideas and concepts, with a passion for the \"why\" of Design, as well as the \"what\"
- Strong self-management skills and drive to work with cross-disciplinary teams
- Customer-first mindset
- Make design decisions based on data, testing and other validated feedback
- Objective attitude toward design and a passion to learn quick and grow every day
- Deep understanding of user interface and interaction design
- Able to turn concepts into concrete visuals quickly, and then rapidly iterate those sketches into polished final designs
- Know what needs to be done and can see opportunities to improve processes across the board
- An understanding of technical constraints in design, and is able to communicate decisions effectively to designers and engineers
- Strong management and organizational skills, detail oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to build relationships across the organization
- "Can do"/Entrepreneurial attitude
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of interaction and design trends in mobile, web, wearables, and motion design
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior UX Designer
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||27 Dec|
|Abu Dhabi||8 Feb|