Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified VAT Officer to join our successful business.
The VAT Officer will manage VAT implementation strategies and compliance, and will work closely with the Group’s accounting and IT teams to coordinate tax return filings and other VAT-related matters.
• Compliance and accounting of VAT liabilities relating to the Alpha operations.
• Managing VAT implementation strategies, executing VAT compliance, planning and internal procedures.
• Preparing, validating and submitting all required VAT returns, supporting schedules and any documentation/responses as may be required by the Federal Tax Authority.
• Implementation of VAT principles, policies and processes to ensure completion and compilation of VAT mechanism across the Group.
• Acting as the single point of contact for all VAT-related activities and providing periodic training and mentorship to departments within the business concerning VAT implementation, documentation and compliance.
• Keeping abreast of all VAT-related laws and rules.
• Determining the VAT compliance implications associated with various business initiatives/proposals.
• Ensuring compliance of VAT data collection, review, consolidation, preparation and payment of quarterly VAT liability.
• Preparing and submitting to the management monthly reports on the VAT activities of Business.
• Professional certification in Tax or Accounting.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in VAT or Tax transactions.
• VAT/Tax compliance background including preparation and review of tax returns.
• Good data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel) and problem-solving skills.
• Effectiveness in prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment and ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Arabic an advantage) and ability to interface with all levels of management.
• Experience in accounting concepts and tax regulations, laws and standards.
• Strong sense of responsibility and accountability combined with ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.