Job description / Role
As a Tax Accountant, you will be directly reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to grow current and future projects, while focusing on the implementation of VAT compliance and processes for multiple clients across the UAE.
Our client is a newly set up VAT consultancy in Abu Dhabi, looking to recruit a Tax Accountant to support cross-industry clients with managing VAT compliance and processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for;
* Providing VAT consultancy to clients on how different projects can be VAT compliant.
* Dealing with VAT Audits and other tax office communication.
* Preparing company and client tax forms and data while offering tax accounting advice to both clients and internal company departments
* Training clients and their employees on how they can be VAT compliant.
* Assessment of financial risk for non-compliance with VAT obligations.
* Maintaining and updating working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information
* Implementation of relevant processes and procedures to achieve correct and appropriate VAT reporting.
* Design and implement strategy based on nature of operations to establish an effective VAT structure.
The successful Tax Associate will receive a competitive package of AED 12000-15000, plus standard benefits such as family medical cover, insurance and annual flight tickets.
The ideal candidate for this role will have;
* A minimum of 2-5 years of VAT/tax accounting experience
* Arabic speaking candidates are preferred
* Graduated from a well known international university.
* Open to working for a start up
* Sociable with good communication/interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality.
* Willing to move to Abu Dhabi, UAE.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Petrochem Middle East
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE
Al Ghurair Properties
MAN Diesel & Turbo - UAE
VAT Assistant Manager