Vice Principal (September 2023)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
About the Role
Vice Principal - Abu Dhabi
We are recruiting a Vice Principal to join the team from September 2023. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in the Primary and/ or Secondary school.
Key responsibilities include :
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the school in relation to the school's own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
- Leading on performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher's skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered to our learners to ensure all can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes, as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.