Job description / Role
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo will be designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge to be designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Hotel's guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read daily events, to acknowledge any VIP's arrivals.
- Must know all menu items, their garnishes, contents and preparation methods and be able to relay that information to guests in a polite and concise way if asked
- Present children's menus when appropriate, and describe specials and alternative cuisine
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Utilize the POS system to ring up sales, print checks, close checks and complete cash-out procedures
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guests' satisfaction and handle any problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved
- Follow cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly restaurant throughout service
- Polish silver, refill salt, pepper and sugar, creamers, etc
- Ensure that work station is stocked with appropriate condiments at all times
- Report any guest comments regarding food and beverage to manager
- Conscientious handling and maintenance of operating equipment
- Learn and adhere to safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and all other departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and hotel services/features
- Perform opening/closing side duties as assigned and set all tables according to standards
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures
- Ensure that all service and storage areas are kept safe and clean
- Help minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Carry out light cleaning and maintenance of the outlet
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations during peak hours if needed
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Able to account and handle cash effectively and efficiently
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Basic F&B product knowledge
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.