Job description / Role
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages.
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization.
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.( especially from teenagers )
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to Stewarding Area for cleaning.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Entry level Or Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS.
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
About the Company
Royal Beach Hotel & Resort, located in the cost of Dibba - Fujairah (Al Faqeet Area), between the majestic views of mountains along with the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean, based on 33000 square meter with beach of 240 meter long and facing Dibba Rock island rich in marine life, it attract the people from all over the world which gives the pleasure of scuba diving.
In the external design for the hotel we considered the room and chalet locations to be directly facing the beach and to give privacy to the guest.The balconies attached to each chalet allow the splendid view of the sea and the surrounding mountains and all the balconies are beside the gardens and the landscaping.