Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist©" describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio
Stay, Live, Enjoy!
We create memories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch. We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
- Serves Food & Beverage to the guests in the assigned station / place of work in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible manner consistent with established performance and productivity standards in any of the Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurant, Room Service) in order to maximize guest satisfaction and return clientele.
- Is flexible to extend job duties and responsibilities, which do not distinctly differ in nature from the original assigned work, including re-assignment to alternative departments and areas if required, to meet business demand and guest service needs.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Knowledgeable of Municipality policies and regulations when it comes to food handling.
- Fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- Set ups tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
- Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
- Attends Departmental training especially for the new Heartists, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
- Assists in planning and organizing festive food & beverage promotions within the assigned outlet.
- Provides a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotel's Standards of Performance.
- Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
- Continuously learn on customer service, changing menu item, specials and prices.
- Performs all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- Cleans and polishes glassware, chinaware, hollowware and flatware.
- Is flexible and able to adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage department or any other department of the hotel as assigned.
- Performs all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Outlet as per Master Task List for that Department.
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- Is responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipment are working properly and are trained to work safely with it.
- Performs opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- Ensures that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped. To keep food & beverage consumables to par level, ordering and rotating.
- Assists in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Assists in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment (OS&E).
- Monitors operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives.
- Is fluent in operation of MICROS POS system, as assigned.
- Handles money and guest charges accurately.
- Handles guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
- Is demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- Ensures that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- Reports "Lost & Found" items, in accordance to the hotels policies and procedures and to local legislation in handling lost & found items.
- Explains the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
- Assists in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.