This position is closed or expired.
See other HSE jobs
For a company dealing in oilfield operations.
BASED OFFSHORE ON A ROTATIONAL 28 DAYS ON, 28 DAYS OFF SCHEDULE
Schedule will involve 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week for 28 days.
This is a permanent and not a contract role.
Reporting to the Senior HSE Advisor, you will provide professional HSEQ advice to designated offshore operations teams and the HSE team as well as acting as principle point of contact on all offshore HSE matters. You will also be responsible for the following:
1. Act as focal point for communication between designated operations teams and HSE team and respond in a timely manner
2. Facilitate or provide guidance on the conduct of risk assessments and investigations of near misses, accidents and incidents. Actively participate in the investigation process when required.
3. Provide specialist advice to designated operations teams on compliance with the HSE Management System.
4. Review and identify improvements to working procedures and methods of working to reflect good oilfield practice offshore.
5. Actively participate in HSE inspections and compliance audits.
6. Act as a focal point for advice on offshore HSE issues
7. Act as a member of the Installation Safety Committee
8. Deliver HSE training in line with the HSE training matrix as required
9. Directs the daily activities of the contract HSE advisor.
10. Reviews STOP and ALM inputs and where possible assigns appropriate actions.
1. Degree educated plus five years experience in environmental, safety or health fields; Primary focus safety; If no degree, then ten years of relevant HSE experience.
2. External certification of safety expertise (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, other safety diploma requiring testing).
3. Western candidates only need apply.
4. Operations experience, preferably offshore oil & gas production; experience in upstream oil and gas essential.
5. Some experience in drilling/well intervention operations would be advantageous.
6. Experienced in working within a multi-cultural environment.
7. Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
8. Good verbal and written English skills.
9. Sound knowledge of Permit to Work systems and risk assessment processes required.
10.Medically and physically fit for offshore and hot climates.
11. Experience in incident investigation & root cause analysis essential.
12. Experience and trained in carrying out audits (OHSAS 18001 & ISO14001) with the ability to deliver HSE related training required.
13. Knowledge of well intervention activities, and drilling activities preferred
14. Good written and verbal English skills and interpersonal skills
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.