Job description / Role
Guildhall is working with a joint venture between two large international EPC companies to assist them in finding their key staff. We are currently looking for a Deputy Head of Safety with experience on major Oil & Gas EPC projects to join the team.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of HSSE and will mainly work as the project HSSE counselor and bridge the HSSSE management with client requirements. The roles and responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Understand contract requirements and client HSSSE management practices.
- Familiarize the HSSE management team with recognized client HSSE requirements.
- Participate in preparing and maintaining the Project HSSE Plan and other HSSE procedures.
- Advise the HSSSE Manager on key HSSE issues.
- Participate in project EPCC cycles to ensure specified HSSE requirements are met.
- Review applicable subcontractors/suppliers HSSE documentation.
- Prepare and maintain the weekly& monthly HSSE inspection/surveillance program.
- Coordinate internal and external HSSE audits.
- Assist the HSSE manager in developing the project management system, organizing system audits and reviews, and proposing improvement of the system.
- Be responsible for internal management of HSSE data, including HSSE statistics, report forms, document, maintain data system, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and training in the ISO-14001 and ISO45001 Series international standards, or equivalent. Able to exercise judgement against the criteria of the standards.
- Have a university degree or equivalent with a minimum of ten (10) years of direct experience in HSSE management system activities of which five (5) years must be in managing HSSE systems relating to oil & gas projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Adaptable to cross-cultural work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good health and capable of working in a remote project area.
- Ideally experienced in African countries.
About the Company
Guildhall is the most respected HR & Headhunting Consultancy in the MENA Region.
With deep, extensive knowledge of HR & Recruiting in the region, Guildhall has become a trusted partner of choice for candidates and clients. Starting from an exclusive recruitment agency in Dubai - UAE, Guildhall has grown into an elite service with the ability to cover vacancies in across MENA and Asia-pacific.
Offering tailored Career Sessions and an innovative industry-first membership program designed to save money on core services.
Guildhall is the partner of choice.
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
HSE Operations Manager
TGC Middle East
Health and Safety Manager
|Saudi Arabia||6 Jun|
Construction Health and Safety Manager
|Saudi Arabia||5 Apr|
Health and Safety Coordinator
|Saudi Arabia||6 Jun|