Job description / Role
Guildhall the regions best rated executive search firm is looking for a Senior Welding Engineer to work on a major Pipeline project in Uganda with our long standing client, a top EPC Contractor. The project is valued at over $1bn and is expected to last for 5 years.
- Provide expert advice on welding engineering issues and be the point of contact for welding related technical queries.
- Monitor and maintain quality standards for welding activities on the project.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications related to welding.
- Review and approve welding procedures and related documentation.
- Develop and implement welding quality control procedures.
- Supervise welding inspectors and ensure that they are properly trained and equipped.
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations and develop corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Welding Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in welding engineering, with at least 5 years in a senior role on a major pipeline project.
- Experience in welding process selection and welding metallurgy.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards, such as NDT, ASME, AWS, API, and ISO.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Willingness to relocate to Uganda for the duration of the project.
About the Company
Guildhall is the most respected HR & Headhunting Consultancy in the MENA Region.
With deep, extensive knowledge of HR & Recruiting in the region, Guildhall has become a trusted partner of choice for candidates and clients. Starting from an exclusive recruitment agency in Dubai - UAE, Guildhall has grown into an elite service with the ability to cover vacancies in across MENA and Asia-pacific.
Offering tailored Career Sessions and an innovative industry-first membership program designed to save money on core services.
Guildhall is the partner of choice.