Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design at Chelsea College of Arts will enable you to develop your graphic design thinking and making. The course is designed for students who wish to progress to MA level.
Who should take this course
This course is subject to re-validation. Re-validation is a process that makes sure students get a high quality academic experience. During re-validation there maybe be some changes to course content and structure. Please contact us if you have any questions about this course.
What students can expect:
- To be introduced to key elements of graphic design alongside historical and contemporary theoretical contexts
- Project led learning based around a ‘tool kit' of transferable and professional skills as well as discipline specific crafts such as typography, analogue and digital image making and contemporary presentation techniques
- Opportunities to work on commissions and live projects
- To improve your application of conceptual, production and critical skills within the design process. This will be through input from professional practitioners, group crits, workshops, seminars and discussions
- A visiting speaker programme exploring contemporary practice and culture
- To be part of a university wide graphic design postgraduate community
- To have access to Chelsea's shared workshops. These include ceramics, casting, laser cutting, photography, metalwork, woodwork and audio-visual editing suite.
Fees & Funding:
Home / EU fee
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.