If you are interested in Fine Art take a look at the other UAL postgraduate Fine Art courses. MFA Fine Art at Wimbledon College of Arts supports you as an emerging artist. Through practical experimentation and contextual research you will identify your practice's unique qualities and how they align with the contemporary art world. Course Leader Edwina Fitzpatrick talks about MFA Fine Art at Wimbledon.
Who should take this course
What you can expect:
- Teaching to take place over 2/3 days per week, depending on the stage in the course. You will have access to the MFA Fine Art studios and Wimbledon's shared workshops on these days. View the Wimbledon facilities
- To conduct research and gain practical experience in the rest of your week
- Time to explore and claim your art practice. You will do this by acquiring a high level of awareness about the contemporary art world. You will also gain an understanding of how your work operates within it
- A course curriculum based on the Arts Council England's recommendations for skills-sets required for both artists and arts organisations to thrive
- Your skills to improve via our Professional Toolkit
- To create an online portfolio instead of an academic written paper. This contextualises and showcases your artwork
- To learn how to set up websites and use your online presence to profile your work
- Access to all University of the Arts London
About Course Provider
University of the Arts London (UAL) is Europe’s largest specialist art and design university. Its unique creative community is made up of six renowned Colleges, each with its own world-class reputation: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
UAL is the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Offering an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts, UAL is the main talent pipeline to the UK’s creative industries.
Home to a diverse community of over 18,000 students from 129 countries, UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global business to self-employed practitioners, and on shortlists for awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
Building on UAL’s association with some of the most original thinkers in the arts, students and staff are inspired to challenge convention, generate new ideas and nurture talent. Home to award-winning staff and students for more than a century, UAL’s Colleges are at the forefront of learning, creativity and practice in their specialist subjects. This close-knit College structure offers opportunities for learning and enquiry for people at all stages of their creative development.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.