Job description / Role
• Direct Regional Transportation Managers (RTMs) and work collaboratively with Ashley Distribution (ADS) and Ashley Furniture (AFI) management to ensure process improvement measures are being reviewed, developed and implemented. Ensure the optimization meets or exceeds operational budgets and Key Process Improvements (KPIs).
• Develop, manage and maintain metrics on each facility; hold RTMs accountable for overall performance through constant interaction with direct and indirect employees ensuring compliance with all company policies.
• Develop and implement improvement initiatives through technology, process improvement, process standardization and cost control methodologies.
• Drive accountability for process improvement through the Yard Managers.
• Audit each facility on a regular basis to ensure compliance for all policies and practices; determine changes required to meet compliance.
• Monitor and enforce safety rules for transportation operations including equipment checks, speed and courtesy; recommend new safety rules as appropriate to ensure a safe work place.
• Participate in accident review process as requested to help identify areas of need, corrective actions and additional training.
• Visit customer, shipper and carrier locations as directed; provide recommendations and solutions for creating on-going successful partnerships.
• Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
• Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
• Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
• Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
• Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
• Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation or related field, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of DOT regulations
• Knowledge of Fleet operations
• Knowledge of Routing & Dispatch software
• Ability to maintain consistent performance in high-pressure situations
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork and demonstrate the ability to lead people to get results
• Smoothly adapt to change
• Possess and demonstrate leadership skills and initiative that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm
• Ability to maintain consistent strong communication with multiple parties across long distances
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Maintain confidentiality
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement to read, interpret and understand key process measures and recommend ideas for improvement
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet and Transportation Management System
• Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
• Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
• Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
• Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
• 5 years’ experience in Transportation/Management
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.