Job description / Role
• This is a senior appointment reporting to the National Transport Manager
• Giving direction that supports the Senior Management team in ensuring the Transport Operation runs efficiently and effectively with the ability to deliver long term customer growth plans
• Providing strategic and tactical leadership, taking accountability for the overall planning activity and development of the Transport Contract and supporting the customers longer term strategic plans (2-5 years)
• Ensuring effective communication throughout the operation; engaging with the management team and creating a culture of involved change
• Support and develop all transport continuous improvement programs, identifying opportunities to further improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate cost effective solutions
• Direct interfacing with the Customer and reporting at Senior level at Contract Review
• Managing projects from inception to completion within given timescales
• Attractive Salary Package
• Ability to demonstrate experience of complex transport operations
• Proven Project management experience
• High visual presentation skill set
• Strong financial and commercial awarenesss
• Understanding of transport process
• Highly autonomous in your approach with a positive 'can-do' attitude
• Ability to evaluate processes and understand where solutions can improve efficiency within the transport operation
• Analytical with the ability to align development plans to short and longer term objectives
• Preferably supply chain experience in a high volume operation or in an extensive multi-site contract preferably with a leading
• You will have experience of working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships
• You should have excellent inter personal skills be able to communicate at all levels professionally and discreetly
• You must have a proven track record of developing, guiding and engaging a team to deliver exceptional levels of customer
• You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and
scrutiny is the norm and effective customer communication is essential
• You will have experience of being responsible for managing change projects & process improvements
• Organised and professional with strong written and verbal communication skills The depot operates over 7 days therefore, it
is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.