Job description / Role
• Versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organizations; have an understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement and contracting, safety, construction, and commissioning.
• Establish a strong relationship with the client and communicate with both technical and management-level personnel.
• Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective engineering solutions.
• Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on scope, schedule, and budget
• Manage assigned work from start to close out, covering all aspects related to work delivery in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a timely and effective manner.
• Prepare PowerPoint decks and present to management on progress, findings, and recommendations.
• Responsible for forensic analysis of existing building systems to improve facility performance.
• Responsible for researching new technologies and systems and study the feasibility of integrating the technologies into the best-case use for a building.
• Provide project single point of contact for project development and delivery.
Vendor management and contract compliance:
• Provide Vendor oversight and performance management
• Review and approval of vendor scope of work and design review of the site and building plans
• Manage the selection, contracting, and integration of multiple vendors and internal partners
• Facilitate client/sponsor decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required
• Apply/influence strategies and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions
• Manage compliance with audit results and recommendations
• Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
• Prepare Requests for Proposal (RFP's) and other project approval tools and templates.
• Work with contractors to establish CPM baseline schedules.
• Facilitate, run, and chair project meetings (including OAC meetings) and maintain accurate meeting minutes and action items.
• Review and validate project progress, contractor pay applications, and invoices.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• Minimum 10 years of construction and project management experience in the development of multiple types of facilities (mission-critical, large Infrastructure programs, hospitals, schools, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, engineering, project management, or related technical field.
• An excellent understanding of construction and building systems.
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, contract management, project delivery methods, building systems/components, and technology.
• Experience developing various types of reports, targeting different audiences.
• Experience in client-facing positions
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction programs and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management-level personnel.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with any audience clearly and accurately.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.