Job description / Role
• Illustrative Tasks (These are examples and are not all inclusive.)
• May act as department representative in dealing with other county departments, public agencies, and private groups to explain County policy, requirements and restrictions.
• Provides on-the-job training in the areas of arboriculture, work safety, and pesticide application to staff.
• Participate in budget preparations; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for budget items; monitor and track program expenditures.
• Direct meetings with contractors to discuss schedules, budgets, problems, and progress of contracted services.
• Apply administrative and technical knowledge to assure compliance with contracts; follow proper inspection techniques to examine workmanship and materials and detect deviations from plans, regulations, and standard construction practices.
• Investigate and respond to citizen complaints and inquiries regarding the maintenance of County-owned trees.
• Provides on-the-job training in the areas of arboriculture, equipment operation, and maintenance.
• Prepares specifications for vehicles, equipment, and operational supplies.
• Provides managerial and technical guidance to supervisory, operational, and administrative staff.
• Manages personnel needs by conducting interviews, delegating work of subordinates, reviewing work performed and administering discipline.
• Attractive Salary Package
• 6 years’ experience in arboriculture, including at least 2 years supervisory experience or supervisory training or
• Associate’s degree or 2 year vocational or technical degree in arboriculture, horticulture, or related field and 4 years’ experience in arboriculture, including at least 2 years supervisory experience or supervisory training; or
• Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in arboriculture, horticulture, or related field and 2 years’ experience in arboriculture, including at least 2 years supervisory experience or supervisory training; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principals and techniques of contract administration
• Knowledge of best management practices, terminology, methods, practices, materials, and techniques related to arboriculture and horticulture management
• Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local policies, codes, laws, and regulations affecting roadway maintenance, utility clearance, landscape maintenance and construction
• Knowledge of considerable skill in reading and interpreting complex construction plans
• Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites; Emphasis on Excel
• Ability to address civic organizations and other public or private groups on arboriculture issues and county ordinances
• Skill in written, visual and oral presentations
• Knowledge of Native and introduced plant species characteristics and pests
• Ability to compare costs and production rates to establish benchmarks and implement improvements to gain efficiencies
• Ability to operate urban forestry vehicles and equipment such as bucket trucks, front-end loaders, dump trucks, chippers, chainsaws and rigging gear
• Must possess credentials as an ISA Certified Arborist at time of application.
• Must obtain a Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification within 6 months of hire.
• Must obtain a State of Florida Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B within 6 months of hire. Highly Desirable
• Right-of-Way pesticide applicator license.
• Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification at time of hire.
• Current State of Florida Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B at time of hire.
• ISA Certified Municipal Specialist.
• ISA TRAQ.
• TCIA Certificates.
• OSHA 30-hour General Industry Training.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.