Job description / Role
At Aurora50 the Business development executive is the first point of contact for potential new clients. You are responsible for generating new business and owning business development plans, identifying leads and opportunities whilst pitching opportunities and products to potential new customers. It is important that as you meet new customers, you continue to share Aurora50’s mission and vision and the solutions we provide in order to drive impact and support listed corporations, large private organisations and high-growth businesses alike with all their diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) needs. We do this through a mix of products like bespoke accelerators, engaging team-building activations and research projects in the fields of DEI. We strive to work together as a happy team, who are highly proactive and always willing to learn in order to fulfil Aurora50’s vision of creating inclusive, thriving workplaces.
1. Enabling and ensuring the delivery of the Product OKRs, sponsorships and partnerships, measured and agreed by management.
2. Generating new business, increasing pipeline and bringing on new prospects. Pitching clients over the phone, through face-to-face meetings.
3. Delivery of the sales target associated with these plans, measured vs. the gross sales target set for the year for each product.
4. Actively prospecting new clientele, growing the customer base and providing monthly updates on Aurora50 top 100 accounts.
5. Prepare sales forecasts and analysis to present your findings to management through weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting including risks and opportunities.
6. Acting as a market expert, by attending competitor events, establishing strong relationships to reveal customer pain points and consultatively sell through solution-led selling.
7. Seek and develop new business activities and engage with Aurora50 team members to find suitable opportunities.
8. Support the development of the sales strategy for new products with the team, specifically the production and marketing team.
9. Grow relationships with key accounts by planning and tailoring their marketing activities using a consultative approach with the intention of growing YOY spend.
10. Working closely with customers to ensure ROI and subsequent continuation of business with Aurora50 past year one.
11. Pursuing revenue targets, proactively responding to inbound enquiries and self-generated leads based on market and product understanding.
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
2. Proven experience in business development, sales, or a similar role, preferably in Training, Education and Consultancy.
3. Strong understanding of sales principles and techniques, with a track record of consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and effectively engage with clients and stakeholders at all levels.
5. Demonstrated ability to identify and seize business opportunities, with a strategic mindset and strong problem-solving abilities.
6. Self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
7. Proficiency in using CRM systems and other sales tools to manage leads, track activities, and generate reports.
8. Strong negotiation and closing skills, with the ability to navigate complex sales cycles and overcome objections.
9. Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
About the Company
A UAE-based social enterprise, Aurora50 works with organisations to achieve their DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) goals, in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 5 (SDG 5) of gender equality.
Aurora50 was co-founded by Sheikha Shamma bint Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan and Diana Wilde in 2020 with a powerful vision: to achieve gender balance in the workplace.
Our first successful initiative has been to increase the number of women on boards in the UAE through the Pathway20 accelerator, and the Manarat invite-only club for regional women who are independent board directors. We have now expanded our focus to support listed corporations, large private organisations and high-growth businesses alike with all their DEI goals.
We conceptualise, design and deliver customised solutions, keeping impact at the core of everything we do. This is evident from the number of women on the Pathway20 accelerator now in board positions, positive behavioural changes induced through AIM (accelerator for internal management) and ESG (environment, social and governance) ratings increase for our clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager
Excelsior Group ME
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
Business Development Executive
Avyanco Business Consultancy
Business Development Executive
Business Development and Marketing Executive
Sales Manager / Sales Executive
Nawaloka Polysacks Ltd.