About this company
Batelco (Bahrain Telecommunications Company) was established in 1981 as a Bahraini shareholding company. Over the years, Batelco has enjoyed a fine reputation for providing world-class telecommunications and information services to the people of Bahrain and the region.
Batelco’s shareholders include the Government of Bahrain, quasi-government institutions, leading financial and commercial organisations, and Bahraini and GCC citizens. Between them, they own 80 per cent of the shares with Cable & Wireless (U.K.) owning the remaining 20 per cent.
The company enjoys a strong association with Cable & Wireless who provide appropriate support, advice and assistance as requested by Batelco.
Our activities are not limited to the local market but also overseas through participation in key investment initiatives for developing regional and international telecommunications between GCC states and other countries. We continuously seek to develop new growth opportunities in the exciting field of multimedia and telecommunications. Today, we have joint ventures in Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt for the provision of Internet access and data communications services
Excellence in service delivery is a constant endeavour at Batelco. Our aim is to meet the needs of customers on time, every time, with professionalism and efficiency. Our approach to service delivery was rewarded in October 1996 when we became the first telecommunications company in the Middle East to receive the ISO9002 Certificate of Quality from the British Standards Institute. Since then, we have taken active steps to extend the scope of this award to all our activities. We continue to build on our achievements and we aim towards total excellence by constantly improving each area of our operations.